The Winter Getaway (A Thanksgiving Retreat Spin-off)

Humilatron

The Winter Getaway (A Thanksgiving Retreat Spin-off)

Post by Humilatron »

The date was December 1st, and Chloe was getting anxious. It hadn’t been long since they had returned home from the Thanksgiving retreat, in fact it was a matter of days. Rae had basically moved into Chloe’s house while Kira and Hunter moved out on their own. But there were still leftover feelings that hadn’t been resolved.

“I have an idea,” Rae said as she laid next to Chloe, naked.

Chloe perked up. “Oh yeah, what are you thinking?”

“You and me,” Rae said. “Get out of here for the holidays.”

“We just got back from the retreat,” Chloe said.

“But it would be JUST you and me,” Rae said.

“That does sound promising,” Chloe said.

“So what do you think?” Rae asked.

“Fine,” Chloe said. “Let’s do it. But where should we go?”

“What if we got out of here,” Rae said. “I know a special place in Utah. There’s this really nice place. I bet I could convince my friend to let us use it. We’d be up on the mountains. Alone. No one to find us.”

“Is that a good idea?” Chloe asked.

“Maybe not,” Rae said. “But why don’t we live a little. I promise you it’ll be fun.”

“Fine, but I’m going to tell Kira that if we don’t make it back by March, she should assume I’m dead,” Chloe said.

“That’s fair,” Rae said. “I think we’ll be back by the end of February. But definitely no sooner.”

“Alright,” Chloe said. “Well what are we waiting for? Let’s get going. I’ll pack and call Kira, and then you can call your friend.”

Rae nodded as she threw on a robe and grabbed her phone while Chloe grabbed her own. Before she could hit any buttons, however, the phone rang. Chloe answered it. “CHLOE! You’ll never guess what happened!” Kira yelled.

“What is it?” Chloe asked.

“Hunter and I are getting married!” Kira said.

“Oh? When?!” Chloe asked.

“This Christmas eve! It’s going to be so romantic,” Kira said. “And I want you to be my maid of honor.”

“Woah,” Chloe said. “Well, Rae and I were planning on going to Utah… but I guess we can call it off…”

“That’s kind of crazy,” Kira said. “Because we were going to go to Utah too. We were thinking of getting married in the mountains. Invite everyone over.”

“I see…” Chloe said. “Well, I guess we’re doing this all over again.”

“Hey here’s an idea…” Kira said. “What if we had a getaway that lasted all year long? From December to December?”

“Why do I have a feeling this is going to get out of hand?” Chloe asked.

“Because why wouldn’t it?” Kira said.

“Well, let’s get going then,” Chloe said. “You hear all that Rae?”

Chloe turned to see Rae standing there silently, clearly trying to eavesdrop. Rae grinned. “Sounds like we should start packing.”

And thus the girls started to get ready for their year long getaway.
Read More stories on CHYOA

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
viewtopic.php?p=9805#p9805