Summer Story Contest, 2022

Here lie the stories of contests past, find your old story posts here.
*Lady Lucia*

Summer Story Contest, 2022

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

SUMMER STORY CONTEST, 2022

Hey, everyone!

This will be my fourth annual summer contest, and I'm excited to once again switch things up this year. For a fun look at the previous years, here's how things have progressed since I first got started on here:

2019--Just a simple contest; everyone could write whatever they wanted as long as it fell under the umbrella of 'summer.'
2020--The prompts were chosen by yours truly.
2021--The prompts were crowd sourced, voted on, and then the winning prompts were used for the contest itself.

For 2022, I'm taking a bit of inspiration from Humilatron's Summer Slam, and doing this contest in waves. However, I do want to keep the spotlight on the other summer contest for now. There have already been a lot of interesting posts, and I encourage anyone who hasn't participated yet to write your 799 words. You still have over a month to submit the start to a story! Link, for the lazy: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1892

The teasing element of Summer Slam, however, is something that I'm excited to include here as well. Throwing back to my 2019 contest, I'm going to once again simplify things; anything summer related is fair game. The winners will still be voted on, so take that into account when you're considering ages, concepts, etc.

So what waves am I talking about? Glad you asked. We'll have three simple deadlines, all of which should hopefully get people excited for the contest as we break out of winter and get closer to summer.

April 1st: The title of your story.
May 1st: A description of your MC.
June 1st: The first part should be submitted, even if the rest is still unwritten.

Each one should spark a bit of interest and curiosity from the rest of us, and we'll all have to wait until June/July to see what each writer has planned.

For the first wave, please post the title of your future story in THIS THREAD. That'll keep things nice and tidy and the board, and not distract anyone too much from all the new ongoing stories. I know it's still cold outside for many of us, but start thinking about summer! This contest requires a tiny bit of planning ahead. :)

Much love,
Lady Lucia
Humilatron

Re: Summer Story Contest, 2022

Post by Humilatron »

My Title:

The Prideful Fall
Last edited by Humilatron on Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read More stories on CHYOA

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
viewtopic.php?p=9805#p9805
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Well, I've had a story idea for quite awhile now that I've been wanting to get around to writing at some point, so I might as well commit to doing it this summer.

"Trapped in the shower"

And as a bonus preview, it'll be an ENM story based on my biggest fear/fantasy from my teenage years.
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

Title:
Fire Drill Follies

MC
Tabitha McGowan transferred to Harrington High School for her senior year. There is a rumor that she had gotten expelled from her previous school, but nothing has been verified. What is known is that she currently lives with an Aunt and has a 15 year old cousin named Andy who attends St. Mary's Catholic school but is friends with some of the freshmen at Harrington.
Last edited by edithdick on Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nikolai

Post by Nikolai »

If I were to write one this year I better make the deadline, so here's my title.

Lifeguard's Last Ride!
mastergepetto

Post by mastergepetto »

Story Title:

The Ripple Effect

A story about how a small, freak disturbance has broad consequences for everyone involved.
*Lady Lucia*

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

Story Title: The Tease

And last chance to post a title for the contest. I'll extend the deadline a day or two for those like myself that just realized that March is already over!

--Lady Lucia
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

Are there rules for these stories? I am planning on writing a redemption arc for the main antagonist from another story I posted here, and would like to know if it is okay to have that be my submission for the Summer Story Contest?
*Lady Lucia*

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

I'd say it's fine, as long as you treat it like a soft reboot. It should be able to work as a standalone story, but can absolutely be a sequel as well.

I'll give things another day, and that'll be it for story titles. If you haven't yet given one, now's the time!

Cheers,
Lady Lucia
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

*Lady Lucia* wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:12 pm I'd say it's fine, as long as you treat it like a soft reboot. It should be able to work as a standalone story, but can absolutely be a sequel as well.
It will certainly be a stand alone story, the only reference I intend to the original is in the description I posted above with the description of the MC

Thanks,
Edith