*DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 12th* The Summer Slam Phase 2 *Official Announcement*

Here lie the stories of contests past, find your old story posts here.
mastergepetto

Re: The Summer Slam Phase 2 *Official Announcement*

Post by mastergepetto »

Sorry to beat a dead horse but i just want to better understand how the process works, especially in regards to setting up the story for phase 3. Will phase 3 be a continuation of the two part stories already written or will it be a completely new story? My understanding is that a third author will continue whichever story wins its head to head matchup in round 2. I.e. the winners of the head to head matchups in phase 2 will switch again and continue writing from wherever their new opponent left off in phase 2. Am I incorrect in that understanding?

For example: phase 1 had Author A, Author B, Author C, and Author D all write the 800 word set ups. In phase 2, Author B will write part 2 or Author A’s story and Author A will write part 2 of Author B’s story. Same thing for Authors C and D. After voting, let’s say Author B’s continuation of Author A’s set up wins, and Author C’s continuation of Author D’s story wins. Authors A and D are eliminated and Authors B and C now face each other in round 3.

For Phase 3, will Author C then write part 3 the the story Started by A and continued by B while author B writes part 3 of the story started by D and continued by C in phase 2? Then we would vote on the winner between Author B and C? Sorry if this if confusing. Just trying to understand the process. I don’t want to leave a potentially good story half finished but I also don’t want to leave the next author with nothing left to write…
Humilatron

Post by Humilatron »

I guess I’ll go ahead and say it. Phase 3 will be randomized brackets again. And I haven’t yet determined whether or not we will continue to use the stories but I do know at some point the tournament will pivot a different direction. The intent of the tournament is to keep everything mysterious until the end point and if you think about it it’s impossible for the winning stories to be continued because they will be eliminated from the bracket anyways. So you should assume that no one is going to touch the story you’re writing after you unless you plan to lose. I will assess the various stories we end up having and determine whether or not to use them. I’ll probably do a coin flip that I have not yet done. This is to help keep things fair so that I am just as out of the loop as you are because I will be joining the competition.

So the short answer is, I don’t know and I won’t know until we vote for Phase 2 which is why you should not assume it will be continued. You should assume that your addition is going to be the entirety of the story. You can leave it on a cliffhanger or do whatever you want, but you will be judged for the entirety of the story by this community. You guys kind of know by now what this community likes and doesn’t like so take that with a grain of a salt when writing your stories. At the end of the day, this tournament is just a fun experiment if it goes horribly wrong, I wouldn’t be surprised at all. But I have done everyone in my power to keep myself ignorant of what will happens next in order to make sure that I have no advantages in this tournament. I am not your judge, the community is, so do with that what you will
Read More stories on CHYOA

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
viewtopic.php?p=9805#p9805
Humilatron

Post by Humilatron »

Here’s why it’s impossible for a winning story to move on to the next round. The Story A was written by person A and continued by person B. If Story A wins, Person A will be eliminated. The brackets will then be randomized again which means that if we do use the stories again, it will be Story B that moves on. This basically means that it doesn’t matter if your addition leaves a clean ending or a cliffhanger because it ultimately won’t be continued anyways.

I also probably won’t use the stories we have because whoever gets my story would be automatically at a disadvantage given that no one is writing for that story. Which is why I will probably pivot a different direction, but I haven’t decided yet because I am keeping myself out of the know until the last minute. I have a few options but I won’t know which we go with until somewhere in June when we’ve voted
Last edited by Humilatron on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Long story short, we should all finish the stories with our entries. That was the confusion, whether to end things or not.
Humilatron

Post by Humilatron »

Yup you should assume that no one will be continuing the story unless you are planning on losing 🤣

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

Humilatron wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:33 pm Yup you should assume that no one will be continuing the story unless you are planning on losing 🤣
Win or lose, I will probably finish the story I submitted. Though, I won't be sticking to 2500 lousy words to do it! :P
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

I need a ruling on how words are counted. If I don’t ask for this now, I’ll be tempted to do it and risk disqualification.

When the victim is being stripped, they are often crying and stuttering. This CAN be expressed by linking all of the syllables together with dashes. For instance:

“Pa-pa-please-da-da-don’t-ta-ta-take-ma-ma-my-be-br-bra” cried Gini.

Though that was five spoken words, a word count will mark it as one word. Can we agree that these will be separated before counting?

Thanks
Edith
Humilatron

Post by Humilatron »

Words will be counted as words. Something like can’t would be one word but something like what you showed would be counted individually.

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
Humilatron

Deadline Extended

Post by Humilatron »

I’ve extended the deadline to July 12th. This is the only extension so please try to get your part in. After July 12th anyone who has not submitted for Phase 2 will be automatically disqualified from the Summer Slam and will not be able to receive the ASS Champion trophy.
Last edited by Humilatron on Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
*Lady Lucia*

Re: *DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 12th* The Summer Slam Phase 2 *Official Announcement*

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

Thank you! I was literally just thinking that both your contest and my own have been on the back burner for too long. I'll get right on it!

--Lady Lucia

Last bumped by Humilatron on Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 pm.