Accidental Nudity/Wardrobe Malfunction Contest

jw_wjw

Accidental Nudity/Wardrobe Malfunction Contest

Post by jw_wjw »

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new here but a long-time lurker from the ASN days, if that gives me any more standing to initiate a contest. ;) I don't consider myself a great writer of erotic stories - I have good ideas but can't really finish them - and more importantly can never get off to my own stories, having to rely on others for storytelling. It appears I've come to the right place for that.

I'm an appreciator of the accidental nudity/wardrobe malfunction genre, and feel that it could be fleshed out even more with its own contest. The three stories I think should serve as "templates" for these contest entries (but all of which fall short in some respect that I'll note/imply below) are https://nficstoryboard.com/content/fami ... st-repost/ "The Family Dentist" by donjuan (probably still my all-time favorite story), viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2119"The Ripple Effect" by mastergepetto (even in its unfinished state), and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1348"Melissa's Journey Home" by Juncker.

The title is self-explanatory, but here are the official/formal "rules":
  • The protagonist must begin the story fully clothed. This includes underwear and other "proper clothing", so no swimsuits/beach scenarios or going commando.
  • The protagonist must become fully nude. I'll exempt heels and stockings if appropriate. I'll also add that this nudity must be in real life (well, in-universe real, anyway), so no "X-ray glasses" or virtual reality or other AI shenanigans.
  • The nudity must not be intentional on anybody's part. So, no getting stripped by a crowd, for example, or other "forcibly stripped" genres. Intentionally stripped by someone else is still intentionally stripped. The Family Dentist in particular kind of skirts this line (and the Ripple Effect violates it), but we can play it by ear.
  • The nudity must be uncalled for. Probably implied by the premise, but nothing medical, bathing, swimming, etc. It must also be in some sense "unwanted", putting the "E" in "ENF", though how mean-spirited you want to be with your characters is up to you.
  • No magic, fantasy, dystopia, or science fiction. The story must be set in real life and at least superficially plausible with our macroscopic Newtonian physics (that also means no "clothes quantum tunnel off our lady" :lol:) and modern-ish Western-adjacent society (no "Handmaid's Tale"-ing it).
  • Also, this is an ENF-only contest; male nudity is permitted but must be incidental.
Besides these rules, I'm looking for the following in entries:
  • Unpredictability This is number one, and much of what brings me towards this genre. Many stories you see in the ENF genre you can deduce broadly how it's going to go - "lost bet", "dare", "magic", etc. - in the first paragraph if not the first sentence. I think stories like the Ripple Effect and especially the Family Dentist excel in basically not giving you any clues as to how clothing gets removed.
  • Variety This is also important. Stories like "Shirley slammed her skirt into the file cabinet, and began to walk away, tearing it off. She then fell towards the desk and her blouse got caught on a nail, tearing it off her body," are what I'm afraid of in this contest. Clothes getting torn off repeatedly is not only unrealistic but rather dull and repetitive.
  • Detail Don't rush the hot parts! Enough said.
  • Conciseness The "Unintentional Nudist" series is legendary but drags on and on. I'd like stories that are more self-contained and not too long (but, again, not at the expense of the details said above.
Bonus categories: I will award (or, if the moderator decides to have voting here, I'd like to award) bonus points (or voting weight, ditto) to stories that explore the following (also underrepresented, IMO) ideas in disrobing their heroes by accident:
  • Being naked during a church service/sermon/prayer/mass. I do not include Sunday school (or equivalent) in this.
  • Being naked in a busy city street, somewhere in Manhattan/Chicago/San Francisco/Miami/LA/London/Paris, or similar city.
  • Being naked in front of family during the holidays; this is also season appropriate.
  • Getting arrested and/or suffering legal consequences for the nudity, depending on the desired level of mean-spiritedness.
I know I'm making some big asks here, and it's the holidays, so I'll put the deadline at around the end of January. I look forward to reading your entries, and that to me is far more important than who "wins". That said,
FinchAgent

Re: Accidental Nudity/Wardrobe Malfunction Contest

Post by FinchAgent »

I also like these kinds of stories, where the protagonist slowly loses all her clothes (have also written one, Give it Your All). So, time permitting, I'm going to try write something for this competition. I just have a query about the rules, specifically this one:
The nudity must not be intentional on anybody's part. So, no getting stripped by a crowd, for example, or other "forcibly stripped" genres. Intentionally stripped by someone else is still intentionally stripped. The Family Dentist in particular kind of skirts this line (and the Ripple Effect violates it), but we can play it by ear.
I would interpret this as applying to full nudity specifically, but not necessarily to intermediate states of undress. Otherwise it's very easy to end up with a story that's just variations of clothing getting snagged on something and needing to be abandoned. I'd approach it such that the final nudity is accidental, resulting from a mix of accidents and some intentional or semi-intentional removals that do not have the purpose or result of fully stripping.

So, tell me what you think about the following example incidents and which ones are in the right spirit:
  • Protag intentionally takes off her high-heels to walk more comfortably and/or her sweater because it's hot.
  • Protag changes her blouse but gets interrupted between taking the old one off and putting the new one on, and has to run around in her bra. Or generally speaking, she takes some item of clothing off with the full intention of putting something else on, but is unable to finish.
  • Someone else rips off protag's blouse, but doesn't get to strip her any further.
  • Protag is in danger but wearing a constrictive skirt that she needs to take off or intentionally rip in order to run.
jw_wjw

Post by jw_wjw »

Hi FinchAgent, thanks for your questions. For clarification:
Protag intentionally takes off her high-heels to walk more comfortably and/or her sweater because it's hot.
Yes, that's fine.
Protag changes her blouse but gets interrupted between taking the old one off and putting the new one on, and has to run around in her bra. Or generally speaking, she takes some item of clothing off with the full intention of putting something else on, but is unable to finish.
EDIT: On second thought, avoid this if you can, but if you absolutely must and it's not a beach/commando scenario, and it's done right, it can work.
Someone else rips off protag's blouse, but doesn't get to strip her any further.
If this is done intentionally, with "malice aforethought", then no, it would not fit. But if the other person, for example, trips and rips the blouse off when falling, then that's fine; even a somewhat "intentional" strip due to some genuine non-catty/malicious reason (see "Family Dentist") is fine.
Protag is in danger but wearing a constrictive skirt that she needs to take off or intentionally rip in order to run.
On the edge and don't make the entire story like this, but this is fine if done well. Less would be more here.

I'm mainly looking to avoid stuff like in "the Ripple Effect" (and that scene from that movie "Emanuelle"), where many of the characters (and the main character in the movie) are intentionally and "maliciously" disrobed by grabby strangers. "Forcibly stripped" and "forced to strip" are hot categories in their own right, but don't fit in with what I'm going for here.

EDIT: To your point of "intermediate states of undress", I generally don't want a scene at any point in the story where "I'm going to remove a piece of my [or your, if it's someone else] clothing solely so I am [you are] no longer wearing it", if you catch my drift. I think upon further reflection the "changing" part might be the most contrary to the spirit of this contest, though it can be done if done well and quite necessary for the story.
FinchAgent

Post by FinchAgent »

Thanks jw_wjw, those are helpful clarifications.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Interesting idea, although my main feedback is that it's going to be very difficult to write up a believable realistic situation where someone goes from fully clothed (underwear and all) to completely naked entirely by accident while having variety in how each item is lost. There's a reason this sort of thing doesn't happen in the real world lol.
Miamoira

Post by Miamoira »

Hello. I'm another one of those who have lurked on the sidelines for a good long time. I saw your contest and would like to give it a go. I have a completed story that I recently wrote for another site but I would like to know if I can submit it here too. It seems to fit all the parameters you've requested. And because I'm pretty much a computer idiot, how do I submit the entry? To you personally? Or how does that work? Also, can I include pics in the story? Appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Miamoira wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:30 pm Hello. I'm another one of those who have lurked on the sidelines for a good long time. I saw your contest and would like to give it a go. I have a completed story that I recently wrote for another site but I would like to know if I can submit it here too. It seems to fit all the parameters you've requested. And because I'm pretty much a computer idiot, how do I submit the entry? To you personally? Or how does that work? Also, can I include pics in the story? Appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance.

I'm not JW but all of that should be fine. To submit an entry you just create a new thread in this subsection of the forum and post it like any other story.
Miamoira

Post by Miamoira »

Ah, I see. Thank you!
jw_wjw

Post by jw_wjw »

Yeah, pretty much what Executionus said. I look forward to reading your story!
Miamoira

Post by Miamoira »

Has anyone had success posting photos directly into the body of a story? I've tried to use the "BBcode" to insert a pic which I uploaded to Imgur. No luck. I'm having a devil of a time working this out. Anyone have any magic method to share? I'm not looking to substitute pics for good writing, just to enhance it a bit. Thanks in advance. Cheers.