Winter Holiday Contest Final Results

Humilatron

Winter Holiday Contest Final Results

Post by Humilatron »

First of all, thank you to everyone who ended up participating. This was a very interesting contest as it was different from how things have previously worked. There were multiple ways to win either garnering popular vote, submitting a good story, or doing a bit of both. The final results ended up being much closer than you might think.

Here is how everything ended up ranking.

3rd Place, Mastergepetto with Countdown to the New Year (60 points)

2nd Place, Executionus with Snow Maiden's March (68 points)

1st Place, Darky with Caro's Bet Gone Wrong (69 points)

As you can see the points weren't actually too far off from each other. Which is interesting because I originally completely made up the numbers so they didn't really have a rhyme or reason. Which in the future I will adjust to make more sense and give more of an interesting battle and have the opportunity to win more points.

This was all purely experimental and I think it worked better than I thought it would. There will be a similar process for the Summer Contest that will be announced in April. It will not be the Summer Slam as I think that took too long to complete, but I do think this contest will be a good substitute and will keep things interesting.

There's no prizes right now, but perhaps once I figure out a consistent system there will be some prizes introduced... maybe.

HT
Read More stories on CHYOA

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
viewtopic.php?p=9805#p9805
Executionus

Re: Winter Holiday Contest Final Results

Post by Executionus »

Wow, one point difference. Amazing! Congrats Darky!
Darky

Post by Darky »

Oh wow, didn’t see that one coming.
And also just 1 point difference.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. And thanks to Humilatron for making the match.
mastergepetto

Post by mastergepetto »

Congrats Darky! Awesome to see how close it was. It would be interesting to see how the points broke down. Now I’m kicking myself for the late submission but what can you do…

Thanks for organizing this contest, humilatron!