The Promotion

Stories about girls getting pantsed, stripped and humiliated by anyone or anything.
mikewozere

Re: The Promotion

Post by mikewozere »

Nicely written, not rushed, with lots of detail 👍
Mike
Revengedpirate

Post by Revengedpirate »

Maybe it’s a cultural difference thing, I just don’t understand why the boss is doing the promotion and the underling is being the boss. This scenario makes absolutely no sense. If she’s the boss in the store why isn’t she making the underling stand outside naked? The boss would surely be the one inside not the one outside handing out drinks?

I just don’t get this
Debbifan

Post by Debbifan »

Revengedpirate wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:18 pm I just don’t get this
So you've said multiple times. Makes perfect sense to me, as has been quite cleverly set up by the author. And I'm a fellow Brit !
Revengedpirate

Post by Revengedpirate »

It’s just why is the manager naked and not her junior in rank there’s no pressure on the naked girl to be naked.

It’s well written it just makes absolutely no logical sense
YermTeAm

Post by YermTeAm »

Revengedpirate wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 pm It’s just why is the manager naked and not her junior in rank there’s no pressure on the naked girl to be naked.

It’s well written it just makes absolutely no logical sense
In America, her co worker would simply just quit. Managers care way more about their jobs than the lower level employees. The manager needs to do the hard stuff cause the others simply don’t care much
Hooked6

Post by Hooked6 »

Loving the story. Can't wait for more.

Link to images of Lush Promotion the author, Skillbox, referred to in his/her post on page 1 of this thread and, YES, this was an actual promotion that first occurred in 2008 :

https://imgur.com/a/XBvlH6v

Hooked6
Rawr112

Post by Rawr112 »

Revengedpirate wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:18 pm Maybe it’s a cultural difference thing, I just don’t understand why the boss is doing the promotion and the underling is being the boss. This scenario makes absolutely no sense. If she’s the boss in the store why isn’t she making the underling stand outside naked? The boss would surely be the one inside not the one outside handing out drinks?

I just don’t get this
Clearly you don’t appreciate fine literature or this genre. It is supposed to be just a little - not too much - fantasy / outlandish

You should write something if you are having trouble coming to grips with a perfectly fine premise
Revengedpirate

Post by Revengedpirate »

Dear rawr112, if you have read this board from cover to cover, you will notice that I have indeed written stories on this board more then once. I am well aware that the board deals in fantasy and fiction, but stories must have some parts that are plausible too.

I’ve been criticised a few times for not being plausible enough. You are clearly not a writer, from the posts you’ve put on other stories about finishing them and hurrying authors up.

The thing is with writing, it is an art form, it takes time. Sometimes I can write a chapter in an hour sometimes it takes me a few weeks or months to pen a chapter. It totally depends on the authors mood at the time.

Sometimes you’ll leave a story unfinished because you’ve run out of ideas or you’re not in the mood to write for a particular character.

Rawr112 If you’d written a story yourself you’d understand what hard work goes into each and every chapter and syllable. I applaud every writer on this forum for their dedication and effort they put into these stories.

Yes I’ll have opinions on the stories I read, and I leave comments on the stories I like most, everyone will have a difference of opinion on each and every story. I try for the most part to be constructive with criticism.

I willingly accept criticism on all my works, some aren’t great I’d admit that, but criticism can be taken in two ways you learn from it or you don’t.

I urge you rawr112 to read my work and critique every piece then come and tell me what you think.
TheWanderer

Post by TheWanderer »

Well done for writing this. It flows well and it's well written.

But I just can't get into this type of concept, where it's totally unbelievable that the girl would go along with this.

I was excited reading the first few paragraphs but as soon as you revealed what The Promotion was, I lost some interest. For me to really get excited by the story, there needs to be genuine coercion, based on some logical blackmail where the girl faces major consequences for non-compliance. In this case, she could just quit and look for another similar job, and sue her current employer.
Hooked6

Post by Hooked6 »

TheWanderer wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:51 pm
But I just can't get into this type of concept, where it's totally unbelievable that the girl would go along with this.
I In this case, she could just quit and look for another similar job, and sue her current employer.
I get that this may not be your cup of tea which is fine and you can always move on to a story that is more to your liking. New authors should get a little more encouragement to post and given a little more leeway to explore their craft as opposed to say more experienced or prolific authors. I also think that you guys are overthinking this scenario. It is clearly plausible and entertaining. It makes total sense to me that a NEW manager would want to succeed rather than fail and step in to do the dirty work. Keep in mind this story is based on a REAL promotion carried on world wide in LUSH stores back in 2008.

Looking forward to more.