Time between parts of a story

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
TheBlushingPrincess

Time between parts of a story

Post by TheBlushingPrincess »

When you are reading a multi-part story, how quickly do you like the new parts to come out? Is it confusing if they come out too quickly? Maybe even multiple parts in a day? Do you like it when the author leaves a few days between parts so you can catch up? Or do you not care and you'd rather just see them all as soon as the writer has them ready, even if it means that multiple parts could be released within a day or two?

Just curious if there's a preference. I know there's no right or wrong answer, but I thought I'd put the question out there.
Visit my Complete Story Archive!
Watch as Kelly and Mike torment each other.
Take a sneak peek inside my Spank Bank.
GeekGuy

Re: Time between parts of a story

Post by GeekGuy »

my answer might not help but here it is. I like both for different reasons. multiple parts at once are nice then I can binge it like a favorite tv show. but also knowing there is more to come it leaves something to look forward to. I remember on the old ASN board there was a long story. where the author posted almost weekly and I start planning on reading the next chapter every week like it was one of my favorite shows.

i hope that helped.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

The rate of release that I aim for these days is one part every two days. I'm actually pretty ahead on my current story (for once). Sometimes I work ahead and still go with that time frame, and sometimes I fall behind but still try to not overload all at once.

Consistency is key on this, so your fans know when to expect new episodes. It's like TV shows on that subject. There is also the problem where if you post two parts in a row on the same day that you run the risk of the later part showing up on a new page (which could confuse or spoil the audience).
ChubbyChaser73

Post by ChubbyChaser73 »

My id says that the best reading experience is to read everything together. Give the plane enough tarmac to take off so to speak ;) . Reading parts as they come out keeps things alive in this forum and builds anticipation/investment (like weekly tv like Executionus said) but I rarely find myself going back to the beginning to read it all together and see the work as a whole. The staggered release schedule allows for more discussion and engagement too. I'm not confused by quick releases. I might hold off on reading until I'm in the mood though or if I'm still digesting another story. This site isn't that busy that things get lost.
TheBlushingPrincess

Post by TheBlushingPrincess »

Executionus wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:37 pm There is also the problem where if you post two parts in a row on the same day that you run the risk of the later part showing up on a new page (which could confuse or spoil the audience).
That's why, at least for some stories, I've started to add a table of contents at the beginning of each part. I'm doing that on the "Kelly's Hazing" story. But with my collaboration with NudeBaG, there are SO MANY PARTS. And they come out kind of rapid fire or maybe days apart. So my concern is that people will miss what they haven't read and just read the newest part. Maybe I'm overthinking it. That wouldn't be like me at all! ;)
Visit my Complete Story Archive!
Watch as Kelly and Mike torment each other.
Take a sneak peek inside my Spank Bank.
jimmythehand

Post by jimmythehand »

Similar to others, I'd say I'm not hugely bothered either way. That said, personally I don't have massive amounts of time to read chapters each day, so if they're very long chapters I'd (as a personal preference) prefer one chapter at a time, with maybe up to three at a time for what I would consider a 'standard length' chapter on this board and increasing numbers of chapters being viable the shorter said chapters are.

I do find it hard to keep up if someone posts several extra long chapters at once, as it seems like more of a chore to try and fit it all into my schedule. That could be a me problem though.