Continuing old stories.

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Themarble

Continuing old stories.

Post by Themarble »

There is a story on here that I was completely absorbed in and haven't been able to shake it off my mind. I've been told by multiple people that it had its last chapter published many years ago and it isn't likely to get any new content which really sucks. The story is called 'Thornwood Episode' and it just has so much content in it that I absolutely adore and I rarely even read or enjoy enf.

I would at one point like to try and either try to get the authors permission to carry on the story but I don't know how I would do that? Or has enough time passed that people wouldn't mind a fan having a crack at it? I just hate to see such a good story left unfinished.
Executionus

Re: Continuing old stories.

Post by Executionus »

Thornwood is universally regarded as one of the greatest ENF stories ever written with all four episodes being great. The problem is that Ribeye98 vanished without a trace one day many years ago and has never been seen again. For all we know he may have actually died. One way or another, nobody has any way to contact him.

Continuing a legendary series like that would be an ambitious feat, but considering Ribeye98 has been MIA for so long I'd say the window is open for a fan continuation, since it's not like you're competing with the real author or anything. You would just need to label your effort a fan continuation in the title and be sure to credit him as the original author of the series.
Themarble

Post by Themarble »

That's very unfortunate to hear.

Yeah, it definitely is ambitious and I may not even be able to do it justice, it would also take a while. I would also definitely not try to compete and I would definitely label it very clearly as a fan continuation and credit ribeye a lot.

It really does bring up the question though. Is it better to leave an amazing story unfinished yet amazing?

I also wouldn't release anything until I had finished it all so that may take ages. As you can see, this wasn't a very well thought out plan as I had just finished rereading the story today and I just had an idea of where the story could go.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Themarble wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:31 am It really does bring up the question though. Is it better to leave an amazing story unfinished yet amazing?
Not really, no, as long as you don't fuck it all up. Basically don't Game of Thrones your fan ending.

I would highly recommend you not trying to write the entire continuation all at once before posting anything though. That's a good way to burn yourself out and never finish. I tried doing that crap with Playville because of the way the old forum worked and that was just a godawful, life-draining, terrible idea of a plan. It's much easier to find motivation to continue by releasing chapter by chapter and then receiving thanks and comments praising your efforts.
Themarble

Post by Themarble »

I have actually never watched the show and only heard how bad it got due to how they treated certain characters. Yeah I'd prefer to stay far away from doing anything similar to that.

I do agree with you however I do not trust myself to be able to push through a consistent flow of chapters which may actually be worse. Plus I know for a fact I'm going to have to go back a lot and make sure it all fits in the continuity, even if it is a fan job I want to remain as pure to the characters as possible. What I may end up doing is writing enough to a point where I can release chapters at a steady pace even if one week I don't write as much I will have enough in the back logs to keep it stable for a while. I'm definitely going to need feedback.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Themarble wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 am I have actually never watched the show and only heard how bad it got due to how they treated certain characters. Yeah I'd prefer to stay far away from doing anything similar to that.
The issue with the Game of Thrones show was that it was based on a book series that was still being written, but suddenly the author gave up writing and never actually released the last couple books. As a result the show was excellent...right up until they ran out of book material. The show runners attempted to BS a fan ending to the series because they had no more books to work with anymore, and the show's attempt at a fan continuation ending was so legendarily godawful that it will go down in history. Nearly every major popular character got 1000x dumber almost overnight and multiple various concepts of basic physics were butchered so horribly that Bill Nye the Science Guy most likely wept furiously as he watched the final season. Most fans no longer consider the show canon and have begun begging the book author to actually finish the real thing. Trust me...you won't be able to upstage that on the Fail-O-Meter.

And do whatever release style works best for you. You don't have to stress too hard about making updates consistent, since lots of authors will go months between parts sometimes.
Themarble

Post by Themarble »

That seems like a conundrum, damn I didn't realise it got that bad. Various friends of mine mentioned I shouldn't watch it but wow. Yeah I'd assume it would be hard to top that off in a story.

I'm currently planning how I'm going to do this now in more depth, and I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if I didn't actually release anything from it for a while. I want it to be as close to perfect as possible. I'm going to have to study the text and even other enf stories as I have the unfortunate disadvantage of not being female so I'll need to just work on it a bit. There is enough in the original text where it shouldn't be too much of an issue though. Thanks a lot for your feedback though.
TheRevenant

Post by TheRevenant »

Wasn't there a side story that Ribeye98 gave their blessing to?
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

So far I found 4 episodes of this series along with a short Bonus.

It's going to take me a while to read all this.

As far as someone else continuing the story, I don't know. There is a specific style to this story, with a lot of emphasis on . . . I want to say feelings and emotions, but I'm not sure that I'm correct. I've read Episode I and will read Episode II soon.

The author gave a lot of attention to detail and didn't seem to waiver from the detail. Personally I find that I start losing detail in my stories as they get longer.

I'm not certain if I'm using the correct terminology, but I believe my preferred style is first-person narrative. I believe Thornwood was written in third-person narrative. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Themarble

Post by Themarble »

It's a very well written piece and just the build up was amazing. I absolutely loved the idea of the pinnacle and how the main character is brought along as she loses more and more modesty. There just isn't a story that I have found that can replicate it hence why it is such a shame that it ends where it does.