Anyone interested in the idea of editing on here?

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
*Lady Lucia*

Anyone interested in the idea of editing on here?

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

I was wondering if anyone was open to the possibility of asking for writing expertise on here. Or, on the flip side, offering help to those asking. Over the past few months (hell, the past few years), I've seen ENF stories with SUCH good potential, but they end up being an absolute pain to read. It can be wonky formatting, crazy long paragraphs, a distinct lack of punctuation, and/or a number of other things. I was just curious if there was some kind of system we could set up where people who are a little more objectively skilled at writing could help out those that would like a second set of eyes, or just a little help polishing their draft.

To be clear, I'm not trying to be judgmental towards anyone. I know everyone's at different levels when it comes to writing, as well as some who are literally posting stories in english when english isn't their native language. Lord knows I have my own writing hangups and weaknesses. The edits that I'm talking about would be strictly objective. Things like "You should really put a comma here, and maybe here," or "Have you thought about using quotation marks instead of dashes?" Anything that might clean up a story and make it a little more readable for a wider audience to enjoy.

I haven't fleshed out the details of this idea (like, at all), so any comments/suggestions regarding it are welcome. I just thought I'd throw it out there and see what people have to say. Please, weigh in!

Much love,
Lady Lucia
PhilMarlowe

Re: Anyone interested in the idea of editing on here?

Post by PhilMarlowe »

I like the idea, especially if it were accessible only by writers and mentors. Then after edits and revisions, the writer can post to the main side as normal.
*Lady Lucia*

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

Yeah, for sure. I figured it would be private at first with throwaway e-mail accounts or something, as it would be obnoxious seeing the same story drafted a few times on the main page. Personally, I think it'd be nice to see a tiny shoutout/acknowledgment to the mentor as part of the final draft that's posted, for a little gratitude/recognition. But, at the same time, that'd probably be done on a case by case basis. I'm sure some mentors/editors would want to stay anonymous and let the writer have all the glory for his/her story.
Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger »

I would love someone to edit the three stories i wrote on the old board as my level of written english isnt ideal.

Any offers please get in touch
Massageguy

Post by Massageguy »

I'd be happy to help. ..