White Text

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Re: White Text

Post by Girlspns »

Hey folks, sorry I didn't respond earlier, I'm currently trying to figure this out on the phpBB support board, for some reason the styles are only working for me, we'll probably get this sorted soon enough.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Viredae wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 pm Hey folks, sorry I didn't respond earlier, I'm currently trying to figure this out on the phpBB support board, for some reason the styles are only working for me, we'll probably get this sorted soon enough.
Most likely you just have to grant our user category the permission to adjust board style. Somewhere there is a massive list of what users, mods, and admins can and cannot do and some of the things turned off by default are a little dumb.
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Post by Girlspns »

Believe it or not, there is no such permission, I've checked.

I don't know if that's even dumber than it being turned off by default or not.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Viredae wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 am Believe it or not, there is no such permission, I've checked.

I don't know if that's even dumber than it being turned off by default or not.
Honestly this whole thing is making me nostalgic as hell, and that's not even a joke. I used to be heavily involved with php forums in the early 2000s, including moderating a few. This is exactly the type of thing that would always happen.

My favorite error from that era had to be when there was an exploit that allowed members to upload custom smilies with custom inputs, and it took roughly a day before somebody replaced the letter e with a high resolution goatse image. We then learned how massively difficult it was to remove a smiley completely once it had been added. The admin actually chose to just load up a backup from a week prior and be done with the whole situation.
*Lady Lucia*

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

Any word on this? I think I'm in agreement with everyone else -- it's not life or death, and I appreciate the site being up and running, but the blue/white is a little bright and aesthetically feels 'off' to me compared to the former darker formats.
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Post by Girlspns »

unfortunately, I took this up on the old phpbb forums looking for some troubleshooting, and not even the guys there could figure out why the option to select the style was gone, so I'm kinda at my wit's end myself.