Spam bots

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Executionus

Spam bots

Post by Executionus »

So the spam bots are back. It's been awhile since our last attack. Hopefully soon their accounts and posts will be deleted. It's astounding that they believe their obnoxious link spamming would somehow net them a single dollar of profit.
Debbifan

Re: Spam bots

Post by Debbifan »

Probably some genius who thinks he is the first one to think of this technique. A monumental waste of time for everyone. We may need more proactive moderation, I know the posts have been reported.

Anyway, excuse me but I've just got to pass my bank details onto some nice person in Nigeria who is going to forward me £20,000 ;)
jimmythehand

Post by jimmythehand »

I remember this sort of thing had become a regular occurance by the time this site's predecessor website closed. Hopefully we won't get to that point again, as it does essentially take constant moderation to combat and that's not something you can reasonably expect from a one person, voluntary operated board like this one.

@Debbifan, let me know how you get on with the Nigerian fellow. I'm still waiting on him to complete his end of a gold bullion transaction we were involved in.
nachtmuziek

Post by nachtmuziek »

jimmythehand wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:59 pm I remember this sort of thing had become a regular occurance by the time this site's predecessor website closed. Hopefully we won't get to that point again, as it does essentially take constant moderation to combat and that's not something you can reasonably expect from a one person, voluntary operated board like this one.
I agree. I think a couple moderators would help in the times Viridae isn't around. At least to keep an eye out for spam like this
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Truthfully the report system should be set up to alert Viredae's phone each time it's used.

But yeah, this site could use some basic moderators on standby. It needs so little moderation normally that it barely even matters who gets it as long as they're active and trustworthy enough. I used to moderate this one highly active forum way back in the early 2000s and it became quite a chore when these two active cliques went to war. This site would be astoundingly easy by comparison since it averages less than 10 posts per day usually.
Last edited by Executionus on Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
computerphoto

Post by computerphoto »

It should be pretty easy to delete the account that causing the posting and delete all the postings the account created.
ely

Post by ely »

I offer myself as a moderator to remove comments from this spammer one at a time. I don't understand which ENF story I've come to read since he uploaded all the posts.
SDS

Post by SDS »

Executionus wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:45 pm Truthfully the report system should be set up to alert Viredae's phone each time it's used.

But yeah, this site could use some basic moderators on standby. It needs so little moderation normally that it barely even matters who gets it as long as they're active and trustworthy enough. I used to moderate this one highly active forum way back in the early 2000s and it became quite a chore when these two active cliques went to war. This site would be astoundingly easy by comparison since it averages less than 10 posts per day usually.
Yea I agree, I'd be happy to help out as I'm on most days for silly spam bots like this!

I'd like to think I'm well known enough in the community to be trusted haha. :lol:
Moderator - So behave!

SDS Story Archive

Executionus

Post by Executionus »

SDS wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:05 pm I'd like to think I'm well known enough in the community to be trusted haha. :lol:
Dude for all we know, Viredae is one of your many alts.
SDS

Post by SDS »

Executionus wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:17 pm
SDS wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:05 pm I'd like to think I'm well known enough in the community to be trusted haha. :lol:
Dude for all we know, Viredae is one of your many alts.
Shhh don't reveal all my secrets! You'll figure out im also the Spambot next haha
Moderator - So behave!

SDS Story Archive