Important Decision I’m Making, Let’s Talk

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Humilatron

Important Decision I’m Making, Let’s Talk

Post by Humilatron »

Hey all,

You know me as Humilatron and I’ve been around this general community for quite some time now. It’s where I really got my footing with writing adult content (ENF, ABDL, etc). And it’s been an interesting ride from Dan’s original story board to forming a community on this platform. Between the site shutting down and the start of this one, I joined another platform called CHYOA. It’s a platform for interactive stories. And suffice to say I’ve made a lot of contributions there from stories like Lauren’s Little Secret by splotch, and a few of my own: A Video Game Humiliation II, Alexa’s Secret, Alyssa’s Secret, etc I know a lot of you at least enjoy my work and while I’ve tried to continue, I have to be honest.

While I enjoy this community and the people around here, I am making the decision to focus on CHYOA for now. I’m writing at least a chapter per day, usually a bulk of chapters. I also enjoy the format a lot better as it enables me to write shorter chapters with varying directions. I even have my anthology as well as other stories. I certainly don’t plan to stop anytime soon, but I will say it’s the best place to find me nowadays. You’ll also notice other familiar faces over there. I ran into TheControverser who some of you might remember and others as well.

It’s not that I have any issues with this community because I don’t, but I think I’m too ADHD to sit down and write long ass stories like many people on this site, and that’s okay. To put things into perspective I have nearly 4000 published chapters on CHYOA.

I’d encourage any of you to contribute to my stories or follow me. Though CHYOA is a bit more strict with their policies especially when it comes to age, it certainly is a great platform and allows multi-author contribution (in fact its literally the building block of the site).

As for the Summer Slam. It really depends on what the turn around ends up being. It was a very impulsive decision and maybe it’ll tank maybe it won’t. But I think you all deserve to know that it will be the last thing I do as an author on this site for at least a year maybe more as I focus on my CHYOA content.

If this is where the roadmap stops for you, then thank you for this opportunity. If you want to follow me, thank you as well.

This isn’t a goodbye, it’s a see you later,
HT

PS I’ll still read stories, I just won’t be writing them and to be honest I’m deciding right now to withdraw myself from the competition regardless if the summer slam ends up working or not. Also I’ll try to do my part with Lucia’s summer contest, but either way that’ll be it.
Read More stories on CHYOA

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
viewtopic.php?p=9805#p9805
Executionus

Re: Important Decision I’m Making, Let’s Talk

Post by Executionus »

Sad to see you go, and I've never really liked CHYOA's format (99% of the time if you make the "wrong" choice the story hits a dead end, so you have to go back and find the "right" choice in order to get anywhere).

If nothing else you could just copy your best works over there onto here. There's no real reason why not to. I always used to simulpost between the Dan and IO boards back in the day.
bilbo baggins

Post by bilbo baggins »

Sad to see you go.

I've enjoyed your stories, but you need to work in an environment
that works best for you and do what's best for you.

I'm not sure why you can't post stories on both sites, but that's your decision.

Good luck and I'm sure I'll read your content again.
CaughtOfLore

Post by CaughtOfLore »

I 100% understand where you're coming from with this decision, and I'm glad you've found what works for you and makes you happy when it comes to writing. Your contributions here are always enjoyed, so do feel free to go back on this decision if you find your writing takes a less decision-tree based route from time to time.

During my hiatus I began mind-mapping an outline for a multi-path story, so if I ever feel I've fleshed it out enough to properly write it, I may just see you over there! :D
MY STORIES:
Compromising Situation (MIXED ENM/ENF)
What About Charlie? - Expanding a Vignette (ENF/CMNF)
What a Time to Recall! (ENF/CMNF)
A Frame of Shame (ENM/CFNM)
Boyd vs Girls (ENM/CFNM)
rtnd26

Post by rtnd26 »

Executionus wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:38 pm Sad to see you go, and I've never really liked CHYOA's format (99% of the time if you make the "wrong" choice the story hits a dead end, so you have to go back and find the "right" choice in order to get anywhere).
I like some of the content on CHYOA, but ironically, almost nothing that is actually a chyoa. I find it's only really usable if you start from the story map, and forget about anything with too many branches. It's a convenient way to keep track of where you left off, and highlights new or updated chapters.

If I know the author, like say Humilatron, then I'll give it a closer look, even if it does branch a lot.