Suggestion

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).

Should Competitions have their own sub forum

Poll ended at Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:33 am

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 8

dublinjohn

Suggestion

Post by dublinjohn »

Just an idea, it may have been discussed and discarded before, so apologies if that is the case.

What about creating a sub-form for competitions where there are again sub forums for each competition, I'm sure that there are some stories that don't get read because they are in the ENM section for some of the competitions, it would also tidy up the forums a bit, so that you don't have to go hunting for entries when its voting time.

I'm putting a poll up just for a guide
*Lady Lucia*

Re: Suggestion

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

I think this is a really good idea!

Since everyone posts at their own pace, submissions tend to be scattered across the board by the time the submission deadline hits. That's why I go out of my way to link to all the stories like I did for my latest poll, but I agree that it would be a lot easier to simply keep them all in one easy to find place.

--Lady Lucia
jimmythehand

Post by jimmythehand »

I agree, good idea and may even go some way to removing the recentism bias, as stories posted earlier won't become buried under subsequent posts and go unread by readers that come along later, while also being more readily accessible to re-read and just keeping them in people's minds as they're still sat on the page in front of you.
dublinjohn wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:33 am a sub-form for competitions where there are again sub forums for each competition
I'm not sure how easy it would be to have a subforum for each competition, as that would require the us to have more forum rights than we currently do (unless our friendly, neighbourhood admin wants to be creating sub-forums on demand every time someone has an idea for a competition).
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Subforums for each individual contest would be pretty pointless since normally each one only has 5ish entries. ROA is extremely unusual when it comes to participation levels. As time went on we'd have an absurd number of subforums with barely any posts if we did that.
dublinjohn

Post by dublinjohn »

jimmythehand wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:35 am .....
dublinjohn wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:33 am a sub-form for competitions where there are again sub forums for each competition
I'm not sure how easy it would be to have a subforum for each competition, as that would require the us to have more forum rights than we currently do (unless our friendly, neighbourhood admin wants to be creating sub-forums on demand every time someone has an idea for a competition).
The stories sub forum has 4 sub forums already, so I assume that it should be easy to do

https://gyazo.com/394a6d49f7e285436d9a2c99ae8f22c2
dublinjohn

Post by dublinjohn »

Executionus wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:50 am Subforums for each individual contest would be pretty pointless since normally each one only has 5ish entries. ROA is extremely unusual when it comes to participation levels. As time went on we'd have an absurd number of subforums with barely any posts if we did that.
I would hope that it would encourage people to enter competitions, as say

Contest forum
"Contest winter" dates 31/10/22 voting to 14/11/22 prize winner gets story by "contest owner"
Entry 1 thread
Entry 2 thread
Entry 3 thread

And after the voting the sub forum could be changed to this (and locked)

Contest forum
"Contest winter" Closed 14/11/22 prize winner gets story by "contest owner" Winner was contest entry 5 by writer
Entry 1 thread
Entry 2 thread
Entry 3 thread
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Post by Girlspns »

Well, seeing how there's usually no more than two contests at any given time, I think it would be okay if I added a sub-forum for contests specifically, multiple sub-forums feel unnecessary, as it could just confuse things, I'll make something today I suppose.

What I think is a good idea is maybe an archive of old contests where I could move the stories into once they've been concluded, to keep the sub-forums clear for new contests.

How does that sound?

EDIT: Oh, and just to make this simple, just start using the contest forums with upcoming contests, and leave current ones where they are for now.