Introduction & a question

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
ChrisWarner

Introduction & a question

Post by ChrisWarner »

Hello. Some old-timers may remember me from the days of the ASN Story Board and IndianOutlaw's discussion board. I was posting stories there for about 10 years from 2005. Because stories were only available there for a limited time, I also maintained a site at ASSTR.org. After a while I drifted away from ASN and started posting straight to ASSTR. Then, when that broke, I started posting to Literotica.

I recently received an email out of nowhere from DublinJohn about my early stories, and he gave me the link to this site. I've been reading a bunch of stuff here over the last week or so, and it has made me nostalgic for what I loved about the ASN Story Board. There's no sense of community at Literotica - the site is too big, which makes the forums overwhelming. Also, writing stories to fit their strict 18+ rules can feel limiting, especially if you like writing about the nervousness and excitement of new experiences. So I am considering writing a story or two for here (although I am notorious for starting stories and then running out of steam when life gets too busy - I have a huge number of unfinished drafts).

So, anyway, to my question. Everyone who posted to ASN was aware of the size limits - if you tried to post too much, the end would get cut off. Is there a size limit to a single post here? If so, is there a reliable way of estimating what will fit? Maybe an estimated word count, or a certain number of pages of a Word document? I've looked in the FAQ and I've scanned the topics in the General Discussions, but I couldn't see anything.

Chris
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Re: Introduction & a question

Post by Girlspns »

Hey Chris, glad to have you here, and sorry about the delay in approving the post, it's only there for bots.

As for your question, each post has a 60k character limit, which is about 10-12k words, plenty for most short stories (average novel length is about 50k).
dublinjohn

Post by dublinjohn »

ChrisWarner wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:20 pm Hello. Some old-timers may remember me from the days of the ASN Story Board and IndianOutlaw's discussion board. I was posting stories there for about 10 years from 2005. Because stories were only available there for a limited time, I also maintained a site at ASSTR.org. After a while I drifted away from ASN and started posting straight to ASSTR. Then, when that broke, I started posting to Literotica.

I recently received an email out of nowhere from DublinJohn about my early stories, and he gave me the link to this site. I've been reading a bunch of stuff here over the last week or so, and it has made me nostalgic for what I loved about the ASN Story Board. There's no sense of community at Literotica - the site is too big, which makes the forums overwhelming. Also, writing stories to fit their strict 18+ rules can feel limiting, especially if you like writing about the nervousness and excitement of new experiences. So I am considering writing a story or two for here (although I am notorious for starting stories and then running out of steam when life gets too busy - I have a huge number of unfinished drafts).

So, anyway, to my question. Everyone who posted to ASN was aware of the size limits - if you tried to post too much, the end would get cut off. Is there a size limit to a single post here? If so, is there a reliable way of estimating what will fit? Maybe an estimated word count, or a certain number of pages of a Word document? I've looked in the FAQ and I've scanned the topics in the General Discussions, but I couldn't see anything.

Chris
Now 2 authors think I'm a stalker, welcome and congrats on the new story on Literotica
dublinjohn

Post by dublinjohn »

dublinjohn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:24 pm
ChrisWarner wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:20 pm Hello. Some old-timers may remember me from the days of the ASN Story Board and IndianOutlaw's discussion board. I was posting stories there for about 10 years from 2005. Because stories were only available there for a limited time, I also maintained a site at ASSTR.org. After a while I drifted away from ASN and started posting straight to ASSTR. Then, when that broke, I started posting to Literotica.

Chris
Now 2 authors think I'm a stalker, welcome and congrats on the new story on Literotica

Might as well go hunting for MikeCA and Cheryl and get the restraining orders activated again ;-)
NudeBaG

Post by NudeBaG »

LOVED some of the stories on asstr!
It was just hard to navigate and I never posted there, as this site is just much more user friendly.
Looking forward to reading sone of your stuff😊
dublinjohn

Post by dublinjohn »

NudeBaG wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:52 pm LOVED some of the stories on asstr!
It was just hard to navigate and I never posted there, as this site is just much more user friendly.
Looking forward to reading sone of your stuff😊
The Asstr link in his signature, try first fun and games, one of my all time fav's, recently re-read and I still love it.