TIFU by volunteering in class when no one else wanted to and by random redditor

Stories from days past, you can find masterposts for series here about older stories, you can also post your favorite older stories here as well, be sure to credit the author.
PhilMarlowe

TIFU by volunteering in class when no one else wanted to and by random redditor

Post by PhilMarlowe »

random redditor wrote: TIFU by volunteering in class when no one else wanted to and by random redditor

Story posted on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/ ... _one_else/

***Background:***

I'm a 21/F who is doing study abroad this semester in college. The country I'm living and studying in is the Netherlands. The class I'll be talking about is called "Modern Health & Wellness".

***Story:***

This story happened a little less than a month ago. In my class we get a ton of guest lecturers and sometimes they will ask for volunteers from the class to help them out. Being essentially a new student from another country I never heard many rumors about which classes are great, which are terrible etc. The class I was in was amazing, except everyone who is a "local" and takes it knows NOT to volunteer for the Acupuncture and Massage Therapy guest lecturer. Well, everyone except for the few study abroad students each year.

My professor asked for volunteers the class before the lecturer arrived. No one seemed to raise their hand, which was weird because usually half the class wanted to participate. Eagerly, my hand shot up, and the professor said, "Great! Come to my office after class." I arrived at the professor's office, and he had me sign some liability paperwork for volunteering. Pretty standard stuff, so I just signed quickly. He told me, "Next class when the guest lecturer comes you're going to have to change into a robe and towel." This was because I was to be the one getting the treatment. I'm usually a pretty shy person, but I thought to myself, "These people are professionals and know what they're doing. I already volunteered and I don't want to back out now so sure why not!"

Next class I talked with the lady a little before class. Introducing myself, asking what's in store, etc. She was hard to understand due to her being from Thailand. Class began, and as I was instructed I went to the bathroom to change into this big white robe and wrap a towel around me underneath. I thought it felt really weird to be wearing nothing but a towel and robe in class, but it was quite comfortable. Everyone watched on as the lady instructed me to lie down on a massage table she brought in. Once I was lying down, face in that little doughnut hole, she took off my robe so swiftly I didn't have time to react. I figured it was coming off at some point anyways, and I still had a huge towel wrapped around me, so it was no big deal.

Here's where things start to go VERY wrong, and why I understood no one volunteers for this lecturer. She was talking about pressure points, techniques used to lessen pain nerves, etc. It was actually all very interesting, and I would have been more engaged had I not been lying face down in front of my entire class in a towel. Than after 10 minutes of talking she begins her first demonstration. Bear with me, because I was too distracted by what was happening to understand what she was saying. The first thing she does is slide the top part of the towel down to my lower back, so now all of my back is visible. It shocked me because she is so quick. Than she started to put those Acupuncture needles all over, and once that was done began doing a Deep Tissue Massage. This lasted for another 10 minutes. I thought once she was done with the massage it was over. Nope. She than slid the bottom part of the towel up and tucked it right under my butt. It probably looked like I was wearing nothing but a giant diaper. I could feel the cold air all over my back, all the way up to the top of my thighs. I was just praying for it to end because it felt so exposing, but I would never say anything because of my shyness.

After she massaged my legs and feet I expected the towel to be pulled back up. I looked up a few times at the class and they all had big grins on their face, and they definitely saw how nervous mine was. Than without any warning at all she completely removed the towel. I didn't even know what to do I was so surprised. I heard the giggling from the class. The lady didn't seem too surprised, but I heard the professor gasp, "Oh my!" What I didn't learn until it was too late is I was supposed to keep my underwear on. But, no, instead of stopping and covering me up she continued. The professor seemed like she wanted to intervene, but that never happened either. The class later told me they expected to see me in my underwear, but never thought I would be naked.

I almost started to cry from embarrassment when she was massaging my butt, and the laughter from the class grew louder. I had a crush on one of the guys in class, and it was horrifying to think about him seeing me like this. Just as it was about to end, I felt her squeeze my inner thigh and I couldn't contain how ticklish it made me. I made the most hideous high pitched laugh, and without thinking I flipped over to make her stop. It was only than that I realized what I had done. I quickly turned back over and reached for the towel to cover up. It was too late though, everyone had just gotten a full view of me. After a few minutes class was over and I rushed to the bathroom to get dressed. I asked a girl after class, "How much did you see?" She said one word, "Everything." Every class I've been in since all the guys make references about it, and I just can't wait to go back home.

Tl;Dr: Volunteering for a massage in class, didn't realize I was being set up to be seen in my underwear. Surprise everyone instead with my entire body on display. Laughs were had.
Janie wrote: This is a wonderful story by Janie

I suppose on some level we've all had a similar experience, once in a while. I remember getting confused on a hike in summer camp around age ten, and thinking we would swim in our underwear, when all the other kids had their swimsuits in their backpacks. I was like you all shy and "oh well" and of course plain white undies go see-through once they're wet. I knew everyone was watching me, and thought we would be segregated boys and girls -- nope.

The absolute worst part was when the camp counselor made me take off my undies in front of everyone to put my jeans back on to hike back to the cabins. ("You don't want to chafe your legs!") I was mortified, and turned beet red, but the other kids enjoyed watching my nude embarrassment so much! They must have known it was coming.

luv, Janie