ImageVision -- Executionus, Seven of clubs
ImageSensation -- Clockspinning
ImageChange -- Morgan13, DrWhoFanJ, SillyStories
ImageMovement -- Sadken, Seeker22,
ImageDesire -- Jastes22, Girlspns,
ImageMemory -- Humilatron (with Revert)
ImageSwap -- Nothing4u2c,
ImageRevert -- QuietCustom, Humilatron,

I've grown tired of waiting to hear back about my computer, so I chanced making this poll on mobile. It seems to have worked. Most corporate websites don't work for shit on mobile these days but this seems to have been ok.

There were 13 total stories submitted for the ROA contest which I'm 90% certain is the all-time record for any contest on any of the stripping boards spanning 20 years, so that's a fun fact! Regrettably several of the entries were never finished, but I'm not holding that against them as far as the polling is concerned. I listed all entries by author name instead of story name since I originally promised to do it that way, even though nobody actually wrote up more than one story.

The prize for winning is for the winner to get to design a major character who will be in the Sophie/Minka sequel that I plan to begin in the new year. There is a lot of power and freedom in this prize that could radically effect the life of everyone's favorite anxiety-filled split-personality horny girl. If I happen to pull a Lady Lucia and actually win my own contest, then the prize goes to second place.

The voting continues until midnight November 17th, giving a little over a week for everyone to vote. Good luck! And may Lust Himself bless your entries with his unholy seed.
Last edited by Executionus on Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DrWhoFanJ

Re: ROA Contest Voting

Post by DrWhoFanJ »

I was genuinely considering making the poll for you, I must say! 🤣

Just one small (fairly recurring) point: the J from my name has disappeared from the polling options. Don’t worry if it’s too late to restore it; just try and avoid it happening too often, please?

And, er, may the best entry win! 🙏🤞
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Sorry about that. Not sure how I messed that up in the original list, and then I just copied the original list to the poll. I fixed the list at least.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

I have a feeling that a lot of people missed this post when I made it because there's only been 16 total votes in the 6 days that it's been up. That's far lower than most polls get, and this one doesn't even technically require a forum membership.

So yeah, remember to vote for your favorite story! The polls close midnight Thursday.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

----RESULTS----

So, it turns out that I have finally achieved what I call the "Lady Lucia Award" by winning my own contest! My Vision Ring story, All Things Seen, scored 6 total votes for the victory.

I'm happy and honored for the win, but also quite surprised by it for two reasons. Firstly, I legitimately thought All Things Seen was a flop because it barely got any reaction as it went on. Only one person thanked or commented the entire latter half of it. Secondly, most of my votes came near the end so I went from 1 to 6 in the last day of voting. I didn't even vote for myself comically enough. I did a bit of a double take when I saw myself suddenly in first place. I'll take the win though!

Tied for second place were DrWhoFanJ and Nothing4u2c with 4 votes each. Both of these stories were fun, and coincidentally they were also the two who diverted the most from the original rules and lore (not that anyone held that against them, clearly). These were both creative stories unlike anything else on these forums, that's for sure (even for this contest).

Since I'm far too lazy to do any form of runoff, both DrWhoFanJ and Nothing4u2c can message me about the characters that they wish to add into Sophie Vos's high stress life. There's a ton of power here, designing not just appearance, name, and personality but also guiding the role of the characters in the overall story (such as creating a rival for either Sophie or her Minka half, or entering someone into a potential love triangle with her and her brand new boyfriend). The way I work I enjoy lots of various details and personality quirks, things I can use to mentally lock on to the characters and pilot them in my mind.

PS: Honorable Mention goes to SillyStories for their Change Ring story. This was the one I voted for, and even though it scored poorly I personally thought that it perfectly hit my initial vision for how the rings and their Ringbearers work. My design was always that the people selected were exceptionally horny and creative, the type of person who would go hog wild with magic powers and then work their genitals raw from the excitement of what they just did several times per day. I was surprised this story didn't get more votes, but there were several other great stories to choose from (such as our winners).
Morgan13

Re: ROA Contest Voting -- RESULTS

Post by Morgan13 »

Congrats for the winning, your story was great :)
:D Smile all the time :D

The Berry Flavour of Life - the multi-part story by yours truly, I hope it'll grow and grow :)
seeker22

Post by seeker22 »

This is a troll post

Rigged fixed ballotharvest
Or the others are you ex
Your poll you win
Very fishy
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

seeker22 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:14 pm This is a troll post

Rigged fixed ballotharvest
Or the others are you ex
Your poll you win
Very fishy
Dude we're not playing "Extreme MAGA cosplay" on a writing forum, just fyi. I see enough of that on the news these days and that song is about as overplayed as a new single on a pop radio station.

I won with 6 votes out of a total of 23 voters across the week. This community has thousands of registered members and even more lurkers. If anything the vote totals are confusingly low, but that is beyond my control.
Fantastic 4

Post by Fantastic 4 »

Hey can we ban this guy? No need to start fights or be rude.

Executionus, you won because your story was great. Don't let haters or lurkers get you down. Take as long as you need to post stuff and get your computer fixed.
*Lady Lucia*

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

Funny that he asked where the moderators are, because I'm pretty sure Viredae isn't going to be taking his side. XD

And great contest, Executionus! It ended up being an awesome turn-out with a whole slew of creative and diverse stories. And I'm amused that my pen name has reached reward status--it only happened twice, and then I stopped putting my hat in the official ring when hosting. :P

--Lady Lucia