Buck naked or Butt naked?

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).

Butt naked or Buck naked

Butt naked
69%
Buck naked
31%

Total votes: 36

superevil7

Buck naked or Butt naked?

Post by superevil7 »

I've been seeing people using butt naked a lot lately. I always thought it was buck naked. I'd be curious to know which term you prefer and why?
ChubbyChaser73

Re: Buck naked or Butt naked?

Post by ChubbyChaser73 »

Prefer butt naked because it puts the butt image in your mind whereas "buck naked" always sounded redneck/Southern to me. *insert cowboy emoji
coolcurt86

Post by coolcurt86 »

one girl I know says ass naked, I thought that was hot, so that's what i like to say .
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Buck naked is pure redneck. I can't even imagine a regular person saying that, but I've heard it a lot living in the south. Butt naked is probably the correct version so that's the version I use when writing.
superevil7

Post by superevil7 »

Interesting you guys would say that, because I am not from the south myself, and I'm definitely not a redneck 😂 I've used both terms in writing, though I lean towards 'buck naked' more often I feel. Maybe it's just whichever term you first heard as a kid that will seem more right to you. 'butt naked' to me feels like people mishearing the term, or thinking something like that can't be right, they must have meant 'butt'.

This is aside from this topic, but lately I've also been feeling like 'butt' is kind of a crude way to describe that body part, especially on a girl. So I've been using 'bottom' or 'behind' a lot more.
superevil7

Post by superevil7 »

I just found this on the topic: https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-a ... butt-naked
Which is Right?

Both buck naked and butt naked are of an informal variety of English; you are unlikely to have cause to use either in writing for school, or most types of work. Buck is the older of the twain, but, given the linguistic register in which such words are typically found you should really just choose the one that brings you the most joy.
I'm still very interested in seeing which term people prefer around here, and it looks like 'butt' has taken the early lead.
Debbifan

Post by Debbifan »

Coming from the UK, neither term sits easily. Too American ! So I tend to use bare ass naked. But sparingly, for added emphasis. I have routinely adopted the American spelling of ass, however, as opposed to the old English 'arse'. It's all pronounced the same after all !
Dormouse

Post by Dormouse »

Debbifan wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:48 am Coming from the UK, neither term sits easily. Too American ! So I tend to use bare ass naked. But sparingly, for added emphasis. I have routinely adopted the American spelling of ass, however, as opposed to the old English 'arse'. It's all pronounced the same after all !
Well, as someone from the South - of England, I do not pronounce "arse" and "ass" the same way. "Arse" has a long 'a' sound, "ass" has a short 'a' sound. But even when I was living in the north, "arse" and "ass" were pronounced differently.

Incidentally, I wouldn't say butt naked nor buck naked, but stark naked.
Debbifan

Post by Debbifan »

Dormouse wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:39 pm Well, as someone from the South - of England, I do not pronounce "arse" and "ass" the same way. "Arse" has a long 'a' sound, "ass" has a short 'a' sound.
Totally agree. However, context is all. If I am reading about a mule or a donkey or a foolish person, then my mind pronounces ass with the short 'a'. But if I read of a character showing their bare ass, then my mind readily converts to the English 'arse' ;)

But better not derail the thread further.
QuietCustom

Post by QuietCustom »

I prefer "Buck." Buck naked sounds better to my ears, and "Butt" makes me think of being seen from behind, which is less embarrassing than being seen from the front. I heard both growing up, but buck is what stuck with me.