ENF/ENM Summer Contest?

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
mastergepetto

ENF/ENM Summer Contest?

Post by mastergepetto »

Are there any plans for members to host a summer contest this year? The contests forum seems to have dried up. I’d love to see and even maybe participate in a contest this year, as I think it often gets new writers to participate and try out their skills.

If people are interested, I’m happy to try to get a quick and easy one going— but I don’t want to step on any toes.
Executionus

Re: ENF/ENM Summer Contest?

Post by Executionus »

mastergepetto wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:17 pm Are there any plans for members to host a summer contest this year? The contests forum seems to have dried up. I’d love to see and even maybe participate in a contest this year, as I think it often gets new writers to participate and try out their skills.

If people are interested, I’m happy to try to get a quick and easy one going— but I don’t want to step on any toes.
Truthfully, the contest subforums get such microscopic viewer numbers that it made the last two contests feel dead as hell. MissAriel's BTFW contest voting thread only had 5 votes total even though it was up for a week, and it wound up ending on a tie just for an extra insult. I think people lost interest in running contests at all due to how dead the subforum is.

If you have an idea for one, you might as well go for it. I've been mostly inactive the last half-year and probably won't be getting active again anytime soon (lots of things going on in my life, mixed with a loss of motivation for writing here). Many of the other people who usually ran contests have also been inactive. The torch is yours for the taking it would seem.
*Lady Lucia*

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

I wonder if the contests should just move back to the main forum?

I think the subforum was a good idea in theory, and Viredae is awesome for setting it up per everyone's request. But like Executionus said, it ends up getting so little traffic compared to the rest of the site. Might be worthwhile to merge the two; as long as contest posters keep their stories in one thread, it shouldn't make the main page too busy. Just my two cents!

--Lady Lucia
mastergepetto

Post by mastergepetto »

I agree— good idea in theory, and great work by Viredae putting it all together, but no one seems to traffic the contest subforum. I feel like the contests have largely died, and I feel myself coming to the board less and less because they were always being updated. The contests are/were a big draw for me because it was fun to see how everyone approached the challenges in their own way and encouraged new writers like myself to put themselves out there since the prompts were already provided. We didn’t have to start from 0. I definitely want to see the contests revived.

On that note, per my original post, I have a pretty basic idea for a Summer story contest. Since it’s already June, and since contest participation has died off lately, I think a short, easy contest would be best to get things started again. Something with minimal thought capital that would encourage easy participation.

Executionus indicated I could take the reins since no one seemed interested in creating another contest at this moment. If there are no objections, I’ll probably try to make the contest post this weekend or early next week.
BlueMenace

Post by BlueMenace »

I would definitely love to see a summer contest this year
- By the one and only me

You should also check this out. It's my very own story archive
mastergepetto

Post by mastergepetto »

Summer Story Contest has been posted. Hopefully we get some participation! I tried to make the rules and prompt as simple as possible to encourage entries.
Debbifan

Post by Debbifan »

Link ?
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

Debbifan wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:02 pmLink ?
This is a good example of how nobody looks at the ENF contest subforum lol. The announcement post is here.