Story critique

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Fred Key

Story critique

Post by Fred Key »

Hi, all.

I think I’ve put a decent-sized chunk of material out on this board in the last couple months—nothing as prolific as some of the ongoing sagas here, but I felt like The Tutor was reasonably well-received, and my current story, A Small Price to Pay, has some regular readers.

As a writer relatively new to this space, I was hoping to get some feedback from some of you regarding a couple things, should you be so inclined.

1. Are the characters in the story/stories you read ones that you can imagine as real people? Could you, if you wanted to, imagine them as people you know?

2. Is there a clear difference between the characters’ personalities in your mind? Do they seem different in meaningful ways, or do they seem like a bunch of the same dressed in different clothes and physical features?

3. Is the story engaging? Do you want to see what happens next, or are you thinking “here we go again” by the end?

4. Do the stories overuse cliche tropes?

5. Do you have any questions or other comments after reading?

If you have a moment and are willing to answer any of these questions, I would be extremely grateful. The only way to improve as a writer is to solicit feedback, and I find that specific questions produce more useful responses.

Thanks!

Fred
HankHill33

Re: Story critique

Post by HankHill33 »

1. Are the characters in the story/stories you read ones that you can imagine as real people? Could you, if you wanted to, imagine them as people you know? Yes, I could see some people in The Tutor story as people I know.

2. Is there a clear difference between the characters’ personalities in your mind? Do they seem different in meaningful ways, or do they seem like a bunch of the same dressed in different clothes and physical features? I would say that in both The Tutor and A Small Price to Pay that all the characters have their own personality. Which is a nice touch.

3. Is the story engaging? Do you want to see what happens next, or are you thinking “here we go again” by the end? Personally, I think that both stories have kept me on my toes as to what might be coming next. I’ve enjoyed both stories.

4. Do the stories overuse cliche tropes? I don’t think so, not really.

5. Do you have any questions or other comments after reading? No question, but I do love reading your work. By far you have quickly became one of my favorite authors on here!