Booksiesilk Update (Not Good)

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Blondie

Booksiesilk Update (Not Good)

Post by Blondie »

I don't know if anyone here ever frequented the Booksiesilk site, but in case you have, I thought I would pass along a message I received last night from the founder/administrator:

"We're going to post this soon but it doesn't look like Silk is coming back. The site suffered a major failure and unfortunately our backups did not work as they should have. We've tried various ways to restore the data but after several weeks of trying, we can only recover the info from March 2021 and before. This made us think about the long-term future of Silk. The site was never profitable and never took off like we hoped. As a result, we are coming to a decision that will most likely shut it down. It's not how we wanted it to happen. We're still not 100% sure and plan to have a final decision by the end of the weekend.

Sorry for the bad news."

I, for one, am sorry to see it go, if it indeed goes that route. It didn't get the activity that this site does, but there were some really good stories (ENM and ENF---mostly ENM on the Stripping and Humiliation house) posted there by some excellent writers. So it goes.

-Blondie
Hooked6

Re: Booksiesilk Update (Not Good)

Post by Hooked6 »

Blondie, that is tragic news.

Will you be looking for a replacement venue for your two sites? If so, how will we find out about where your sites have moved to? I'd hate to see your work over the last 25 years just disappear - even if that means we have to start all over again. It is a lot of work and a thankless job but you have a large fan base and I am sure you would get support.

Hooked6
Britguy

Post by Britguy »

Amen to that! I'll offer whatever support I can. There's lots of good stuff here but it's not a good fit for my type of story and many others.

I hope GPNS won't mind me gatecrashing their site for this purpose, it is a bit of a liberty I know, but can I just remind everyone that iionly set up a page in 2019 for exactly this scenario. It's at https://allcmnf.thebeachclub-ii.net/vie ... =35&t=2853 and is still there, not updated since then. Also, there is a forum topic on Booksie's main site at https://www.booksie.com/forums/topic678 ... -site.html which is a logical place people might look for info.

I do hope those boards won't be allowed to just die, but either way I'm grateful to Blondie and the other contributors for the enjoyment they've given me.
Robert Brooks

Post by Robert Brooks »

Here here, Hooked 6!

Absolutely devastating news. I’ve been checking every day to see if silk is back. I will miss it immensely if it really is gone for good like our old home (webapps) and Blondie’s board before that.

I hope we can all somehow stay in contact with the various members of the house. I’ve really enjoyed the sense of community in Blondie’s groups over the years, chatting with other writers and discussing stories. Sadly I made contact with very few writers outside of silk (or Webapps). I wish I’d done so when I had the chance.

If either of you have a contact for Britguy or RickC137 I’d be grateful if you could share with me in a private message.

And yes, Blondie, if you do decide to start up a new group somewhere (yet again) we will follow! I’ve loved following your stripping & humiliation board for over fifteen years!

I’m not interested in female stripping / humiliation at all and find the ENM / EUM stories here (though great) far too few and infrequent. The members on your site Blondie definitely seem to lean more towards the male stripping side.
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

Thanks, folks, for the comments and the support.

I am as bummed as you guy are. Booksiesilk was an entertaining site with a unique format that, once one became used to it it worked really well. Also, the "kinship" that we developed over the years will be sorely missed.

At this point I am not sure if I am going to start another site or not. There aren't that many good, viable options out there. I suppose I could start a S&H site at phpBB, but I just don't know if I want to go that route. Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed.

Hooked6, you mentioned my work possibly disappearing. I suppose I could post some of my stories here, if that is acceptable? The title of this board indicates ENF, but there is a fair amount of ENM here. My stories are a mix of ENM and ENF; probably at least 80% ENM.

It's a shame we are having this discussion.

-Blondie
SDS

Post by SDS »

On a side note...

Is it possible to get a back-up of this board? Just wondered how much would be lost if this site was shut down unexpectedly?
Moderator - So behave!

SDS Story Archive

PhilMarlowe

Post by PhilMarlowe »

If all of the postings are kept in the database, I am willing to accept regular backups of the database. I would then be eager to work out a way to extract each thread into a form that could be imported into a new site, or a form shared with other interested parties.

/Phil Marlowe
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Post by Girlspns »

I'll see what I can do, I'm fairly certain I can back up the forum, I'll post it here once I get it.
Robert Brooks

Post by Robert Brooks »

Blondie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:07 pm
...the "kinship" that we developed over the years will be sorely missed.

...The title of this board indicates ENF, but there is a fair amount of ENM here.
Absolutely, the 'kinship', the sense of community built up over decades, the familiarity of regular contributors is what I've really enjoyed about our group. I would really hate to see that go.

And in regard to ENF vs ENM, etc. I've often wondered why this site specifically is titled 'Girls' Pantsing and Stripping, as there are sub categories for both female and male stripping / humiliation. Indeed, some of my all time favourite BOY humiliation stories I've found on here and its predecessor.
As mentioned, I have ZERO interest in girl stripping, yet I frequent this site just as often as Blondie's as from time to time a really top class ENM / EUM story comes along (EUM being my preferred of the two as my profile pic suggests!).

I've often thought how nice it would be if we were to join forces so to speak and for this to simply be called the 'Pantsing and Stripping Board' / 'Pantsing, Stripping & Humiliation Board'. Not that it bothers me but being firmly in the male humiliation camp, I do feel quite the 'visitor' here, rather than being 'home'.

Just some food for thought.
Lefanto

Post by Lefanto »

It should be possible to access the site's content via Google cache and maybe some internet archives. Google cache works in any case at least for some content, I just tested it. Depending on the number of sites, copying and restoring everything manually might take a lot of effort (or not). However, there might be some programs that do the crawling and the rest, but I have no real idea about that.