The Suggestion Box

Stories about girls getting pantsed, stripped and humiliated by anyone or anything.
edithdick

The Suggestion Box

Post by edithdick »

Prologue

Joanna reviewed the report again. She had already verified that the numbers were correct multiple times, but she wanted another look just in hope that the finance team had missed something. Not likely, this decision affected them as much as anyone.

Finally, she reviewed the wording on her email once more before clicking send. It was too late to turn back now. Within minutes, she expected her door to be rattled off its hinges by disgruntled workers. The economic downturn had caused a complete collapse of the company’s financials. Not only would there be no raises this year, but everyone from manager level on up would also be expected to take a significant pay decrease.

There weren’t any other options if the company was to survive. The email did include a promise that as things got better, the pay would be restored, but no back pay and no raises for at least 2 more years.

As head of Human Resources, Joanna was going to face the brunt of the employee pushback. It’s not as if their own expenses aren’t going up through all of this. She tried to reassure herself that at least they hadn’t had many layoffs. She had heard of one company that was currently going through a 40% work force reduction.

It was no surprise when she heard a knocking at her office door. She had always had an open door policy when it came to employee relations, and wasn’t going to change that just because times were tough. Heck, employees needed an ear to listen to their complaints, and she needed to keep an eye on the morale of the company.

When she opened the door, she was surprised to see the CEO and several other VPs waiting to see her. “Come in.” She said, startled.

There were five in total, Steve Saching, the CEO, Onella Davidson, the CFO, Mark Arting, the VP of IT, he was never granted the title CIO and she knew why. Also, there were Anna Stevens, the VP of Marketing and Carl Edgeburg, the Chief Engineer.

The group crowded into Joanna’s office. She had a small conference room table that she held staff meeting at on the far side of her office. There weren’t enough chairs, so she pulled the chair from behind her desk. That still left her one short, so she decided to stand while the rest took seats. There was no reason for it to be her, as she was also a Vice President, but she thought it a courtesy to stand since she was apparently hosting this impromptu executive meeting.

“So how do you think the employees will take the news?” Asked the CEO. The question should have been directed at Joanna, but for some reason he just asked the room in general.

Joanna hesitated. She knew what she wanted to say, but she didn’t want to sound too eager when she said it.

“How do you think they’ll take it?” asked Onella. “Their gonna be pissed!”

She had such a way with words. Joanna thought. Everyone else muttered their agreement, however.

“I’ve given it some thought.” Joanna said, after the group began to calm down a bit. “Morale will certainly take a hit. But you have said so yourself, that this is just a temporary cutback. We need to remind them that this IS temporary and that in time all will be restored.”

“Not restored.” Onella cut her off. “No raises this year or next at the very least, and that is IF sales bounce back to where we were even two years ago!”

The Steve nodded his understanding. “If we don’t get our numbers up, we may have to pursue the staff reduction after all.”

They all seemed to agree that having to lay off a large percentage of the work force would somehow make this better.

“I suppose it would depend a lot on who we cut then.” Carl brought up. “We’ll never get ourselves out of this pit if we can’t produce products anymore.”

The biggest problem with this line of discussion was that each department head would do whatever was necessary to keep as many of “Their” employees as possible, regardless of if it made sense to do so. Priority would also be on politics and not common sense.

“That is not today’s problem.” Joanna cut in. It was a simple fact, but her saying it outright brought the chatter to a close. “Today we must deal with the morale problem for the workforce we have. If we don’t, then the staff reductions will take care of themselves and we won’t get to control who leave and who, if anybody stays.”

She had their attention. She didn’t want it, but she had it. Of course, she needed their attention, but she still didn’t want it.

“What can we do to raise morale while also cutting pay?” Steve asked, suddenly interested in something Joanna had besides the color of her blouse or how short her skirt happened to be that day.

“My suggestion is just that, well sort of. I suggest we employ a suggestion box for boosting morale. Employees can make any request, within reason, and if the company can afford it and it is appropriate, then we will implement it.” She finished.

There was a pause while the room considered what she just said. “What sorts of things do you think they’ll request?” Mark asked carefully. Undoubtedly worried that a lot of new tech will be requested that he would be responsible for managing.

“Who knows? It could be anything. If it is appropriate and we can do it, then we should!” Joanna answered.

“Who decides what is appropriate?” Steve asked.

That was a good question. “I suppose, I should be the one, since I am the one who has to live with the consequences.” Joanna answered.

It was decided. They adjourned the meeting and shortly thereafter, an all-hands staff meeting was held. Steve addressed the company and announced the offer. Of course, there was plenty of complaining, but they assured everyone that, “For as long as we are able, we will at the very least not implement any layoffs. If we all pull together, we will get through this and come out stronger in the end.”

Joanna’s idea of a suggestion box seemed to fall on deaf ears during the meeting and everyone left disappointed and angry.

It was a couple of weeks before the first suggestion came in. It was small, Hawaiian shirt Wednesday. Joanna signed it and it was implemented the next week. That led to other suggestions, like free soda one day per week. Signed. Some requests, like allowing alcohol on Fridays was deemed inappropriate. The rule was, if it was appropriate, Joanna would sign it, if she signed it, it would be implemented.

Each time she signed a slip, Kelly, her assistant would post them on the corkboard outside of the Human Resources department. There was usually a group of three or four people standing outside of the department when Joanna would get in in the morning to review which suggestions had been approved.

Today however, the crowd was closer to fifty people all standing around looking downright gleeful about something. Even Steve was there. He grinned at Joanna openly and approached her as she walked toward her office. “You’re really taking this morale boost to the next level! He told her.”

Joanna smiled, not really knowing what he was talking about, and headed into her office. Steve followed her in and closed the door. “So when did you have in mind?”

“In mind for what?” She asked.

Steve pulled out one of the slips of paper that clearly had Joanna’s signature on it as a commitment to implement one of the employee’s suggestions, but when he read what was suggested, she was shocked!
Last edited by edithdick on Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
edithdick

Re: The Suggestion Box

Post by edithdick »

Okay, there is the premise. What did the note say? I’ll try to incorporate good suggestions into the narrative.

Multiple suggestions are welcome, I think I want to try to escalate the humiliation over a series of days.
Last edited by edithdick on Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikewozere

Post by mikewozere »

Indeed, interesting premise. I'll have a think.
Mike
computerphoto

Post by computerphoto »

Great start and Joanna kind of made her own bed it seems, and now she has to suffer the consequences, but everything to make the employees happy and what is good for the company right.
RollTiideRoll2

Post by RollTiideRoll2 »

Well, I'm sure that some type of a lottery system could be devised. With that system, things such as stripping, letting two employees use her body as a dart board, wedgies, to buying everyone lunch naked could be included in this. Maybe one or two of the workers get to do such thing. One in the morning, one in the afternoon.
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

RollTiideRoll2 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:34 pm Well, I'm sure that some type of a lottery system could be devised. With that system, things such as stripping, letting two employees use her body as a dart board, wedgies, to buying everyone lunch naked could be included in this. Maybe one or two of the workers get to do such thing. One in the morning, one in the afternoon.
A lottery system or raffle of some sorts does sound like an interesting way to handle this at a point later in the story. I think I’ll put this in once the humiliation sequence starts to normalize a bit
JohnJacobs

Post by JohnJacobs »

Maybe a nude company calendar? Is that too similar to what’s been done?

Also I can’t help but imagine having Joanna naked and covered in chocolate. Maybe not a great starting point but an idea I just want to throw out there.

Perhaps if it starts tamer, we could have Joanna agree to a sexy swimwear day? Bikinis seem like a good borderline appropriate thing.

I also like the meta joke that we’re giving suggestions, much like the suggestion box.
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

JohnJacobs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:00 am I also like the meta joke that we’re giving suggestions, much like the suggestion box.
Great ideas! I think I’m going to stop commenting on them so I don’t spoil what I have planned. But as you noted, the story will unfold as a suggestion box. I’ll try to only use ideas that are suggested in the comments.

This should be a fun story to write!

I’ll just add one thing, if any interesting suggestions come in that belong on the ENM board, I’ll try to recruit someone to help write those chapters and creat a parallel thread over there.
littl1p

Post by littl1p »

I agree with starting out with bikini day or swim suit day
then moving to only girls bikini day
then maybe move to lingerie day and eventually nude staff meetings for women to raise moral
or just her since she signed it
like she has to make announcements in the nude
alot of good places this can go
jimmythehand

Post by jimmythehand »

The swimsuit day idea sounds like a good place to start. Perhaps one female manager (Joanna) and one male manager, as of course you can't descriminate these days.

Easy to agree to when they see the suggestion, since it's not too bad and probably better than some of the alternatives. If only they hadn't rushed the decision and had read to the end, they'd have seen they had to trade suits at lunch time. Embarrassing enough for the guy, but for Joanna... ;)