Spammers
- Jeepman89
- Posts: 1757
- Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:10 am
- Has thanked: 5085 times
- Been thanked: 1878 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers
I tried adding the spammers to my FOE list but they are still there so it didn't work for me.
-
dublinjohn
- Posts: 346
- Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:03 am
- Has thanked: 69 times
- Been thanked: 140 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers
go to the bellends profile then click on add foe, their posts will still exist but you can't read themJeepman89 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2025 2:45 pm I tried adding the spammers to my FOE list but they are still there so it didn't work for me.
-
PhilMarlowe
- Posts: 694
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:40 am
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers
I just went to the members list, sorted it by joined date and started adding each name to my FOES list.
-
Darky
- Posts: 227
- Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 pm
- Has thanked: 624 times
- Been thanked: 193 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers
You can’t foe 3683 names, then your forum is emptyPhilMarlowe wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2025 3:03 pm I just went to the members list, sorted it by joined date and started adding each name to my FOES list.
-
PhilMarlowe
- Posts: 694
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:40 am
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers -- should we remove links form signatures
I would like to float the idea of removing links from posts. I know this would be annoying for authors but presumably one could post a plain text link that would be copy and past.
It would at least prevent the scammer from putting a link in the system
But I am not an expert so please feel free to tell me I am wrong
It would at least prevent the scammer from putting a link in the system
But I am not an expert so please feel free to tell me I am wrong
- Trundle
- Posts: 543
- Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:55 am
- Has thanked: 1396 times
- Been thanked: 804 times
- Contact:
- Buckaroo
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:12 pm
- Has thanked: 239 times
- Been thanked: 408 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers
Is there any way to set the forum up for membership approval, along with posting approval? Allow all posts by new members to require approval before being posted?
Swim Meet viewtopic.php?t=4967
Closed Pool viewtopic.php?t=1383
Richard, Accidental Nudist viewtopic.php?t=1934
My Sister the Witch viewtopic.php?t=5801
Closed Pool viewtopic.php?t=1383
Richard, Accidental Nudist viewtopic.php?t=1934
My Sister the Witch viewtopic.php?t=5801
-
Kazu
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:30 pm
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers
Might I offer the suggestion of a blacklist for certain names like "moderator" or "admin", in as much as the username is not allowed to contain it?
And a way to disable the link in the signature spoofing a different url?
Hate to say it, but without putting a substantial(unfair) amount of workload on the moderator, there is no way to really block these from popping up from time to time.
And a way to disable the link in the signature spoofing a different url?
Hate to say it, but without putting a substantial(unfair) amount of workload on the moderator, there is no way to really block these from popping up from time to time.
- Buckaroo
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:12 pm
- Has thanked: 239 times
- Been thanked: 408 times
- Contact:
Re: Spammers
Okay, how about this.
Turn off new members for now and make an announcement that the forum will only allow new members on the 1st of the month. That will make it easier for the . . . (I forgot the owners nameID) real admin to monitor and take action real quick.
This has to be driving him crazy.
Turn off new members for now and make an announcement that the forum will only allow new members on the 1st of the month. That will make it easier for the . . . (I forgot the owners nameID) real admin to monitor and take action real quick.
This has to be driving him crazy.
Swim Meet viewtopic.php?t=4967
Closed Pool viewtopic.php?t=1383
Richard, Accidental Nudist viewtopic.php?t=1934
My Sister the Witch viewtopic.php?t=5801
Closed Pool viewtopic.php?t=1383
Richard, Accidental Nudist viewtopic.php?t=1934
My Sister the Witch viewtopic.php?t=5801
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: flyingmonk and 4 guests