Booksiesilk Update (Not Good)

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
TheBlushingPrincess

Re: Booksiesilk Update (Not Good)

Post by TheBlushingPrincess »

Lefanto

Post by Lefanto »

Blondie wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:07 am Just a quick note to pass on to anyone who was hanging onto a thread in hopes of BooksieSilk coming back: It's not going to happen. When trying to connect we now get the dreaded "404 Not Found" instead of the notice that they are working on it.
I get this message:

"BooksieSilk suffered a hardware failure. While we hoped to restore service, the effort was greater than we anticipated and perhaps not even possible. Because the site was never profitable, we have taken this as a sign that it is time to shut down. This was an extremely difficult decision. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and wish you the best with your writing."

So I hope that anyone BooksieSilk who is here now or wants to join has copies of his or her entries. (If not, it should still be possible to use Google Cache to get copies.)
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

dsweenz71 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:39 am This is upsetting, but I have also moved to this board now and am enjoying it. I'm glad to see you here! I know you have a lot to move over, but I really hope Andy's Over-The-Knee Spanking (sorry if I remember the title wrong) can make it here, as it was a good work in process and I was excitedly anticipating the upcoming parts.
Yes, the Andy story will eventually make it here. Like you say, I have a lot of work to do, but Andy will not get lost in the shuffle. It sucks, because I felt like I had good momentum going with that story. It probably won't be the first one I post in the ENM section, but I will pick it up again someday.

Thanks, and it's good you came over here. I agree, it is enjoyable.
Executionus

Post by Executionus »

TeenFan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:11 pm I agree with the previous couple posts here. With so many similar sites going down or mostly inactive, it might be good to not limit this
site to having a "Girls do the stripping only" requirement. As a contributor who does 90 percent of reading and writing on the ENM side, I also
find it restricts my creativity with how I have to limit any boy on boy humiliation.
You can probably get away with doing boy on boy by using content warnings, although gay content is a large turn off for most straight men so you'd see a drop in readership/comments on those stories. You might end up with some new fans who are into that sort of thing though.

And welcome Blondie! You'll find that the formatting of a PHP forum is vastly superior to the other various message board layouts with what you can do and the convenience of organization and commenting, so it won't take all that long to grow addicted to this site.
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

Frank89 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:52 am I hope you will nudge some of the other great authors there into this direction. Would be a shame for many great stories to disappear forever.
Yes, whenever I get an email asking where I'm going I direct them to this site.
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

FWIW, here is the latest---and certainly the final---update posted on the BooksieSilk site:

"BooksieSilk suffered a hardware failure. While we hoped to restore service, the effort was greater than we anticipated and perhaps not even possible. Because the site was never profitable, we have taken this as a sign that it is time to shut down. This was an extremely difficult decision. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and wish you the best with your writing."

If it wasn't official before, it certainly is now. I'll miss it, but it's time to move on to new adventures in the stripping and humiliation theater. I feel like I've landed in a really good spot here, so maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Onward!
TeenFan

Post by TeenFan »

I think there is room here for more writers who do stories about stripping and humiliating people.

Of course you can always find a site where they write stories where naked people are forced to put on clothes, then are complimented
on how nice they look dressed up...if that's the sort of thing you're in to.
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

TeenFan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:16 am
Of course you can always find a site where they write stories where naked people are forced to put on clothes, then are complimented
That was funny!
imanewb

Post by imanewb »

Blondie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:15 am
TeenFan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:16 am
That was funny!
Hilarious... but does offer a weird funny opportunity... imagine being the only person forced to go around dressed at a nudist/swinger colony, forbidden to partake in any of the fun and games as your horniness goes up and up with your frustration.
TeenFan

Post by TeenFan »

Imanewb wrote:
Hilarious... but does offer a weird funny opportunity... imagine being the only person forced to go around dressed at a nudist/swinger colony, forbidden to partake in any of the fun and games as your horniness goes up and up with your frustration.

That is a great idea. I can imagine a young guy who is invited to a party. He goes with his friend to a resort only to find it's for nudist
recreation. He's invited to strip down and join the fun but he's shy and won't take his clothes off, not even his shirt. Since he's dressed and
everyone else is naked, he finds himself sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else have fun. Will he finally give in and strip down and
join the fun? or waste his time being there with nothing better than to ogle the best looking participants?