Page 1 of 1

The Stories on the site

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2025 11:19 am
by holy8675
Hi guys, I’ve been around this site for quite a while, even the previous one (if you know, you know 🙂).
As a regular reader of stories, I have a respectful request for those who write and post here. Before jumping in, could you please add a few sentences explaining what the story is going to be about? I’m not asking for spoilers, just a rough idea.

For example: “This story follows a schoolgirl starting at a new school and trying to make new friends.”

I’d also love to see some kind of tag or code labeling system, similar to other sites. That way, I can easily avoid things that aren’t my taste or search for what I like. For example: “FA–FG, exhibitionism, reluctant.” This immediately tells me it’s a power-based, ordered exhibitionism story.

I hope you find this a good idea and that we can make the forum just a little bit better together 🙂
Thank you, and I wish you all wonderful holidays!

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2025 2:10 pm
by SixPathsKeyblader
I second this desire. The lack of a synopsis on a lot of stories makes it hard for me to find a story that I think that I'll be interested in.

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2025 6:50 pm
by Somebody
Normally I would agree that this is vital, but because of how small and intimate this site is, I don't think it's that important. You can pretty much know what it's going to be about as soon as you see who wrote it. And sometimes it's more fun to be surprised although sometimes it certainly isn't.
If we are going to use tags, I think the best ones were those used by asstr.

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2025 10:59 pm
by PhilMarlowe
Not that I am volunteering, but would an AI generated synopsis of the 'archived' and other older stories be of interest?

I also feel that some tagging by the author of new stories would help a lot.

Phil

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2025 11:25 pm
by TovaG
I prefer a synopsis so that I know what the story is about. It will help me know if I should continue reading when the story starts out slow. I have A.D.D. and can lose interest easily when a story is slow. Knowing that the story, as a whole, is about something that may interest me, helps me decide if I want to finish reading it. A synopsis doesn't have to be a spoiler, just a 'teaser.'

Tags can be a benefit as well. They tell a reader what elements are in the story to help the reader decide if they are interested in that kind of story.

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2025 11:09 am
by holy8675
Somebody wrote: Tue Dec 23, 2025 6:50 pm Normally I would agree that this is vital, but because of how small and intimate this site is, I don't think it's that important. You can pretty much know what it's going to be about as soon as you see who wrote it. And sometimes it's more fun to be surprised although sometimes it certainly isn't.
If we are going to use tags, I think the best ones were those used by asstr.
I understand your point, but you can always choose to ignore them and not read it if you want the surprise.
Asstr tags would be perfect :)

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2025 11:11 am
by holy8675
PhilMarlowe wrote: Tue Dec 23, 2025 10:59 pm Not that I am volunteering, but would an AI generated synopsis of the 'archived' and other older stories be of interest?

I also feel that some tagging by the author of new stories would help a lot.

Phil
Great idea!!

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2025 3:47 pm
by montyblanque
If anything, a tag or way of letting people know that a story contains both ENF and ENM elements would be really beneficial, especially for readers who generally stick to one category over the other. Its an easy way to discover stories that otherwise wouldn't have come across our radar.

While I'm not normally drawn to ENF stories, I would be interested in trying more if I knew it has mixed elements

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2025 6:02 pm
by superevil7
I always include a description of my stories, just because that's what expected over on FNA anyway, and I think it looks neater to have a first post with a synopsis and an index of the chapters. I'd like to include tags too, but they've always really confused me. I don't think they are as straight forward without a handy glossary to compare them against, and I'd have trouble deciding what tags to even include without that.

Also, this thread should probably be in the general section and not ENF stories.

Re: The Stories on the site

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2025 8:49 pm
by mars357
I generally try to do all those things, tags, triggers, synopsis. Then again I haven't really published anything this year so "generally" is a very broad term here :mrgreen: