Thoughts on Stories?

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
*Lady Lucia*

Thoughts on Stories?

Post by *Lady Lucia* »

After seeing a lot of conflicting opinions and comments about my most recent story, I thought I'd be interesting to start a thread here and get everyone's thoughts on what they appreciate in general.

What are your preferences and favorite parts about stories on here and other sites? Longer vs. shorter stories, immediate stripping vs. slow burn, blackmail vs. coercion vs. force, full out degrading vs. playful teasing, etc. etc. Or even just your favorite themes/settings/elements included in a story.

What have you all appreciated in the past, and what would you like to see more of?
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Re: Thoughts on Stories?

Post by Girlspns »

Hey Lady, first off, thanks for posting the topic.

To get into your question, the length and pacing usually don't matter in and of itself to me, but what I really find that turns me off to some stories is where a story is, say, five pages long, and two of the pages have nothing relevant to the story, what I mean by that is, for instance, if the writer spends those two pages talking about the extremely mundane details of the character's life that do not get brought back once the stripping or nudity enters the story, and it's usually at the beginning of the story, to the point where I begin to just scroll down looking for where the story really "starts".

That's, of course, different from the details such as a character talking to their boss, detailing how the two perceive each other, and then later on getting caught naked by their boss and the ramifications of that event, and that's a very on-the-nose example, but I see so many stories that have that sort of artificial length to them where the writer could easily remove a big chunk of the story and have a much more credible and efficiently told story.

Ironically though, the more someone seems to focus on ENF and exhibitionism stories, the less of that habit I see, maybe the genre attracts writers who get to the point more often than not? :lol:

But as for the other points, I don't lean either way on the blackmail/coercion/force issue, though I do really prefer the victim to enjoy it in some aspect, even if it is the "my body betrays me" trope.

And yes, I happen to much prefer stories on the full out degradation end of the scale, though my enjoyment does not hinge on that point.
nachtmuziek

Post by nachtmuziek »

I agree with Viridae, but I’ll add that all those details are only useless if the author doesn’t actually do anything with them. in my opinion the best stories have good character development and introduce a lot of details and story without bogging the story down. It’s a hard balance to strike for sure.

My favorite story is the Thornwood series by ribeye. Although Rachel (the protagonist) ends up naked pretty quickly, ribeye was able to keep it interesting by starting small and gradually extending Rachel’s exposure, and crafting excuse after excuse as to why Rachel couldn’t get dressed fully (or at all, sometimes). At the same time, Rachel never fully gives in to accepting her nudity, nor does she ever fully breakdown in utter embarrassment. She’s complex, and that makes her an interesting and realistic character.

It’s a really long story, but it works because the writing and pacing is top notch. One day I hope to write something as good as Thornwood, but it’s a struggle. I’ve started so many stories but never finish them because I can’t figure out how to pace them. One day I’ll finish them and this board will have content for weeks :lol: At the very least I want to get something finished for this quarantine contest haha

But honestly, if a story has some thought out into it and doesn’t get too weird I’ll probably read and enjoy it. There just isn’t enough content in this genre to be too picky :mrgreen:
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

If a story is well written, I will read it regardless. I tend to read on my phone a lot, and it gets difficult to read some of the stories when they ration out paragraph breaks like it's costing them money each time they use one... I will probably skip a story that has too long of paragraphs, most of the time.

I don't mind the long intro's if they are relevant to the story. If the author just wants to roll out the entire back story for the character as exposition, then I'd probably skim through most of that anyway and only go back to it if it seemed important later.